Thursday, October 16, 2008

Pictures!

Okay, folks, here are just a few pics of opening night:



Sarah Lawrence (the other soprano in the Voices in Residence), me, and Tara Cowherd (my friend from college who works for Opera Omaha as the Community Programs Coordinator and sings in the Opera chorus). Aren't these costumes so pretty?



With the other voices in residence: Darren Perry (as Sam) and Joe Palarca (as another pirate).



With the Pirate King, Patrick Ryan Sullivan.



With the gorgeous Maureen Francis, who plays the ingenue, Mabel. We're trying to show off our bustles here.



Stage director Francis Cullinan and conductor Joe Illick, both so lovely! Really, this experience was so wonderful, in no small part to these two men.



And the lovely ladies of the chorus! Francis says that when we walk out on stage, we look like a bunch of beautiful bon bons. I don't know about bon bons, but they really are gorgeous costumes. I'll try to get more pirate photos tomorrow!

3 comments:

Maven said...

Oh man, I LURVE the ties on those dresses! Also, Mabel has her hand on your bustle! Scandalous! And one of your pirates looks like Jack Black.

the jewess said...

Oh, the ties totally crack me up! I do agree COMPLETELY that the ladies look like lovely Easter bon bons!

The Gutes said...

you look beautiful trishy!!! so wish we could be there to see you and hear you! :( is there any way to hear stuff on-line? (and of course, my sis looks beautiful too) :) love you